Artifacts is a refereed journal of undergraduate writing at The University of Missouri. The journal celebrates writing in all its forms by inviting student authors to submit projects composed across different genres and media. Priority deadline for submissions is March 1, 2019 for the Summer 2019 publication.
Submissions will be evaluated by members of the Artifacts editorial board. We encourage media compositions that may include video, audio/podcast, photos as well as the traditional essay. If you choose to submit a traditional essay we encourage you to add hyperlinks, where helpful, and to include images or other media (that you have rights to use) that expand or enrich the scope of your work. Projects are selected not because they meet some universal standard for writing, but because they meet with creativity and intelligence the particular demands of given topics and forms.
Submissions should be emailed to: email@example.com
- Up to two projects accepted per person
- 10 pages maximum per submission (including works cited)
Include the following with your email submission
- Student Information Sheet
- Unlimited Personal Release Agreement
- Photo related to your submission (please ensure you have permission to use the photo)
- Photo of yourself
- Note: if your submission is chosen for publication the photos you submit will be used for publicity and posted on the Artifacts website
Submissions in all fields of study are accepted; however, submissions that engage directly with one of the four Mizzou Advantage topics will be eligible for a $500 first prize, a $300 second prize, and a $200 third prize. *Prizes are awarded as financial aid.
MU’s longstanding culture of collaboration encourages faculty to partner with like-minded researchers from other fields. The Mizzou Advantage initiative builds on this rich history in four deep-seated areas of strength:
- Food for the Future: the culture, economics and production of healthy, affordable food
- Media of the Future: new ways to communicate, educate and market
- One Health/One Medicine: health solutions and the convergence of human/animal medicine
- Sustainable Energy: sustainable energy development, distribution and education