Call for Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
Artifacts is a refereed journal of undergraduate writing at The University of Missouri. The journal celebrates writing in all its forms by inviting student authors to submit projects composed across different genres and media. Priority deadline for submissions is March 1, 2019 for the Summer 2019 publication.
Essays will be evaluated by members of the Artifacts editorial board which is comprised of faculty who teach WI courses, CWP staff, graduate and undergraduate students. We encourage work that can take advantage of the online medium. Although an essay you wish to submit may have been written in a conventional form and turned in on paper, we encourage you to add hyperlinks, where helpful, and to include images or other media (that you have rights to use) that expand or enrich the scope of your work. Projects are selected not because they meet some universal standard for writing, but because they meet with creativity and intelligence the particular demands of given topics and forms.
- Fill out the Student Information Sheet and the Unlimited Personal Release Agreement, scan them, and include as attachments with your submission.
- Submissions should be e-mailed to email@example.com
- In most cases, submissions are preferred as Word documents, 12 pt Times New Roman, double-spaced, APA format.
- Up to three projects accepted per person.
- Submissions are limited to 10 pages in length.
Papers in all fields of study are accepted; however, submissions that engage directly with one of the four Mizzou Advantage topics will be eligible for a $500 first prize, a $300 second prize, and a $200 third prize. *Prizes are awarded as financial aid.
MU’s longstanding culture of collaboration encourages faculty to partner with like-minded researchers from other fields. The Mizzou Advantage initiative builds on this rich history in four deep-seated areas of strength:
- Food for the Future: the culture, economics and production of healthy, affordable food
- Media of the Future: new ways to communicate, educate and market
- One Health/One Medicine: health solutions and the convergence of human/animal medicine
- Sustainable Energy: sustainable energy development, distribution and education